Blog: Bates Folk and Food
Home State: New Jersey
- Stop by the Ronj to listen to Chase the Fiddlers rehearse. If you have an instrument, join in!
- Walk across the street to the WRBC radio station and listen to a show live on the air.
- Take a stroll behind PGill. Bates’ gospel choir has a sound so powerful, you can hear it across the Puddle!
- Now that you’re over there, walk through Olin Arts Building. You’re bound to hear one of the a cappella groups rehearsing or a diligent instrumentalist in one of the practice rooms.
- Head over to the Silo for a free concert from the “Village Club Series”.
Home State: New York
- People watch. Seat selection is very important for this. Make sure you have the seat at the table that gives you the broadest view of commons.
- Walk around Commons repeatedly to make sure you didn’t miss anything you might want to eat the last 5 times you did the rounds. If you’re like me you’ll end up at the cereal bar with a cup of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- Move tables at least once, or wait for another group of people to come sit with you. This will give you an excuse to stay even longer.
- Think about and talk about all of the things that you have to do, but don’t do them because you’re too busy sitting in Commons.
- Stay until the doors to Commons close. Then you know you’ve made it.
Blog: All Maine Points
Home State: Minnesota
- The Philosophy Lounge, 3rd floor of Hedge. Quiet. Sunny. Though-provoking. A great place to write a paper or just think philosophically.
- The Ronj. Quarky. Social. Relaxing. Plus the tea selection is second to none!
- Ladd Library. If you crave peaceful and quiet go to the 2nd or 3rd floor. If you like ambient noise 1st floor or basement is your choice
- Upstairs in Commons. Get to commons at a low traffic time, either late lunch or early breakfast or go upstairs!
- Pgill Atrium. The sound of running water, indoor trees, and arching ceilings. It’s like you’re outside!
Blog: Midnight at Bates
Home: Vancouver, Canada
- The Kegouin Amphitheater (On a sunny day)
- The Quad. Under the shady comfort of trees.
- Fireplace Lounge in Commons.
- On top of Mount David. Bring sunscreen and a blanket.
- My bed